This salad is great for batch cooking, as it lasts in the fridge for three days. You can easily customise this recipe by adding additional vegetables, fresh herbs, or increasing the protein content by adding ingredients such as oily fish, chicken, tofu, nuts and seeds.
Calories per serving: 240
- 200g quinoa
- 1 small handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 small handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g mange tout, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan and cover with three times the amount of water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 6-8 minutes until the seeds begin to sprout. Drain using a sieve then rinse under cold water until cooled and drain thoroughly. You can also use a pack of pre-prepared quinoa.
- Add the quinoa to a large bowl with the other ingredients and combine well.